Coffee! Get it while it’s hot!

You grab your backpack and all of your stuff while your parents are telling you to hurry up. You went to bed late because you were watching Netflix and you are falling asleep standing up. You told yourself it’s fine I’ll just drink coffee, but you had no time to grab coffee…but wait! Coffee will now be available for high school students to purchase at school.

Starting in the beginning of January, coffee will be sold at Imagine Prep to high school students. For the time being, middle schoolers will not be able to purchase anything, but that will change in the near future. The starting cost of this program was shared by Monica Robbins, a Sodexo food operations manager.

“The cost to start this program is materials, all of the coffee products, and supply we are looking at about $2,500 to $3,000,” Robbins said.

Assistant Principal Daniel Hattley shared that all the money that is made from the coffee program will be dumped back into the program to make the program better.

Hattley shared why he jumped on board to the idea of the coffee program.

“It is a great opportunity for students to work and sell to other high school students,” Hattley said.

Six high school students were hired to work for Sodexo, they will be selling coffee, sparkling tea, and hot chocolate. Coffee will be sold in the morning before zero hour, after school, and at sporting events. The prices to purchase a beverage are $1.89 for regular hot coffee, $2.50 for cold press coffee, $2.25 for sparkling tea, and $1.89 for hot chocolate. These prices are tentative so they may change.

We had a chance to talk to some of the new employees, and here is what they had to say:

“I am excited to be working and being able to be more professional,” Sophomore Riley Casaccio said.

“I am most excited to start working and getting more experience, also serving my peers,” Junior Nathan Perkins said.

“I’m really excited about the fact that I just get to make coffee. I love coffee so getting to make it for other people makes it even better. I had tried to get a job at Dutch Bros for a while but it never ended up working out, I’ve just always wanted to have the opportunity to be a barista because it seems like such a fun job. I’m also very excited about the fact that I get to work with people that I know, I think that’s going to be a lot of fun,” Senior Angelica Pelaez said.

“I’m most excited for the experience i’m going to gain and the new things I’m going to learn,” Junior Julia Polk said.

“I am most excited to work with friends and make my own money,” Sophomore Brandon Ruiz said.