Putting the Pep in Prep

Everyone knows the famous Prep assemblies. We have had many Prep assemblies this year, but we decided to get the students, 11th graders Jessiah Yates, Riley Robbins, Joe Romano, and got their opinions on what they like and dislike about them.

Fellow student Robbins had some pretty input on how she feels. She shared her favorite thing about the assemblies.

“I like the fact that we get to get out of class and get together to have fun,” Robbins said.

Junior Riley Robbins shared her though on school assemblies.

She also shared what she does not like about them.

“I don’t like how people don’t participate or how there isn’t enough pep,” Robbins said.

Lastly, she shared what she would change about the assemblies.

“I would want them to have more games and maybe have the announcement team put it on the announcements or even the Instagram”, Ribbons said.

Yates shared some of his opinions on the assemblies. He replied what he likes about it.

“I only like the last one for homecoming because I was with all the football players,” Yates said.

He also shared what he disliked about them.

“I wish it was like others schools where all the students get hype,” Yates said.

Jessiah Yates shared in thoughts on school assemblies

Finally, he said he would change about them.

“I wish we had a bigger gym so we can do more things and have more people.”

Lastly, we heard from Romano. He shared what he liked.

“They make school more fun, it draws attention to the topic, it gets students involved with what’s going on with the school itself, it gives students a chance to enjoy being around other people,” Romano said.

Romano shared what he disliked about the assemblies

“They’re always really short and never too interesting, they’re too hyped up and they are always disappointing,“ said Ramono.

“Make them longer, make them more interactive, make them more in-depth, make it better all around, the homecoming rally thingy was fun, but every other assembly is not that successful,” replied Romano.