Senior athletes sign to their futures

Autumn Froitland, Editor

There are a lot of things students have to move on from when they start college. College is a whole new world, and for some students, their new world could be in a different city or even a different state. Nonetheless, students are sometimes forced to give things up, but students at Imagine Prep were determined not to give up one thing; their favorite sport.

Sports at the Prep are something that are not only popular but are very well liked. Imagine you’ve been playing a certain sport your whole life, you would want to continue playing that sport in college too right? The senior class of 2018 has had a multitude of student-athletes sign on with colleges to continue pursuing their dreams.

Imagine Prep senior, Jason Bell signed an athletic scholarship for basketball with Presentation College in South Dakota. To help make this happen, Bell had to first put out video content that colleges could take a look at.

“You just have to put yourself out there, put your videos out there. The college contacted me, and we just started talking from there on out,” Bell said.

Although Presentation College never came out to watch one of Bell’s games, they constantly watch the videos that he uploaded. Bell is excited to be able to continue playing the game he loves at the collegiate level.  

“I’m excited, but it’s definitely going to be different. It’s a change of environment, but I’m excited,” Bell said.

Bell plans on studying Sports Journalism while attending Presentation.  

Senior, Anthony Santana signed with Glendale Community College for an athletic scholarship for basketball. The process to how one gets in contacted with scouts can be confusing but when putting out his video content, Santana not only used a website specific to scouting but he also contacted some colleges via email.

“I started my scouting process on be.recruit.com and you have to email the colleges you are interested in but they also contact you,” Santana said.

Santana attended some basketball games at GCC and ended up getting in contact with their coach. GCC also came out to watch one of Santana’s games.

Not only does Santana love the GCC team but he is also excited to continue playing the sport he loves.

“I’m kind of excited because of the new lifestyle and all the new teammates I will have,” Santana said.

Santana plans on studying Forensics Science while attending GCC.