What Everyone Must Know About N.U.R.D Club

N.U.R.D. Club meets in Franco’s room during first lunch.

Here at Imagine Prep Surprise we have a lot of clubs, but have you heard of N.U.R.D Club, (Neutral, Unbiased, Reasonable, Debate club) a student run club that meets every Wednesday at first lunch. This club is different from the rest because it is one of the only clubs that is fully run by students, senior Nicholas Jeffery is the creator of this club.

“Looking at the club list we are the only student run club,” Jeffery said. 

But since every club has to have an adviser English teacher Emma Franco is the adviser for N.U.R.D club.   

“I basically give them a classroom to work in, help them with advice and problem solving,” Franco stated 

So she doesn’t really do much with the club, but inside this club they don’t really have  official board members but senior Jeffery is the President and senior Kesi Barnes is the Vice President. They each have different jobs in this club and Barnes is part of the marketing team. 

“As of right now, I am on the marketing team. My job is to run the N.U.R.D club’s official Instagram,” Barnes said. 

Jeffery just runs the club itself and handles the money. Looking back at the past,  Jeffery started a club his freshman year called Debate Club. 

“I was pretty famous for having a debate club so I had to make another debate club,” Jeffery stated. 

N.U.R.D Club became official in September of last year and since then they have helped fix Imagine Prep Surprise’s Wikipedia page and started “Senior Assassins”.

With this, what exactly does N.U.R.D Club do at a meeting?

“We grab our lunch, we head to Mrs. Franco’s room, then Mrs.Franco leaves because she can’t be associated with senior assassin, and I usually have an agenda of things we need to think about or get done that we go through,” Jeffery said.  

With getting an inside scoop of N.U.R.D Club they are always open to suggestions, so if you have an idea of how you want to improve the school, go to one of the meetings or meet up with a fellow N.U.R.D Club member.

Chasing the Storm • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in