What path will you take?

Graduation is just around the corner, which means it won’t be long until Imagine Prep is going to let the next set of young adults walk out of the school doors, with a diploma in their hand, as they take the next step into their lives. Some of Imagine Prep’s very own seniors let us get a sneak peak into what path they plan to take after they graduate high school. Whether that is going to a university or community college, the military, or straight into the workforce, these seniors know exactly what’s coming their way.

Senior Rosemarie Feeley explained that going to a university will help her get into her desired career.

“After high school, I want to go to Grand Canyon University, where I will be studying to become a nurse for the next four years,” Feeley said. “I’ve always wanted to go into the medical field. What helped me the most is the different scholarships I can get when attending GCU.”

Senior April Cekosh also plans to attend Grand Canyon University. However, Cekosh believes that she is destined to follow a different career path.

“I have always had this passion for ministry and to see how God is working in and through people,” Cekosh said. “ I truly feel called to be a missionary in my life in whether that be local or global, I know that I can make an impact wherever I am. I would love to work in a church that focuses on those who are outreached. I would love to be able to facilitate relationships and to be able to travel to our mission partners and work alongside them in their country as well as at home.”

Along with Feeley and Cekosh, senior Fianna Aird also wants to be a college student but will study for a different major.

¨I am planning to attend Embry Riddle Aeronautical University in the fall to study forensic accounting,” Aird said.

Aird was not only accepted to Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University in Glendale, Arizona, but was also given $21,000 worth of scholarships.

¨I was so happy and just so relieved because before then, I was worried I wouldn’t be able to attend the school because of their cost, even though I knew it was where I wanted to go,¨ Aird said. ¨I really enjoy the campus, the location, and being closer to home, but I also was drawn to the smaller school community and specialized degrees that help lead to great jobs in growing industries.¨

Continuing their education isn’t the only path seniors have chosen to take after they graduate high school.

Senior Jackson Hoobler explained that he wants to have a gap year to visit new places and then jump straight into the workforce.

“After high school, I want to travel the world more, so I plan on going to Mexico and more European countries,” Hoobler said. “Then when I come back, I will work at Chase Bank. I love traveling and visiting other countries, so it has been my plan right out of high school. I’ve always loved to pursue a career in sales and my dad works with Chase so it was just a good job opportunity that presented itself. But if I end up not being able to work there, I will go to college to work towards a degree in finance or criminology.”

Another common path students take after high school is joining a branch of the military.

Senior Jacob Regan has always been set on wanting to join one of the branches.

¨I will most likely join the Navy,¨ Regan said. ¨It’s something I’ve wanted to do from a very young age. I’m in love with the thought of being surrounded by water on a giant ship intrigued me.¨

Regan explained what he plans to do when he leaves the military and how he will use that experience afterwards.

¨I want to do my first four and take it from there to decide if I want to reenlist,” Regan said. ¨I plan to use my military experience to find a job in the civilian sector.”

With so many different paths to take after high school, it can be hard to choose which one is best for you and what you want to do. If you are one of those students that are struggling to figure it out, don’t hesitate to talk to any of your teachers or fellow classmates. They will help you see what path best fits you. You’ll finally be able to have an idea of what future lies ahead for you.

Chasing the Storm • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in